Re: Spica Fuel Pump

The '69 1750 Spider gearing is about 19.5mph/1000 rpmy, with 165-14 or
185/70-14 tires. At 100 mph, you should be seeing around 5100-5200 rpm,
presuming your tach and speedo are operating accurately. Redline (5700
nominally) should bring you to just about 112 mph. From your description,
it sounds like your tach might be reading a little high or your
speedometer a little low.

Warm, the oil pressure will drop to around 7psi normally at idle and
should bounce up to 55-60psi instantly when you rev it, so that sounds
right.

Coolant temperature should be stable on a 85F day under load around 195F.
I only get worried when I see the needle heading for 212F. (My Spider is
beginning to do this ... it will occasionally crowd the 212F mark on a hot
summer day, so I'm going to change the thermostat before spring and maybe
go for a larger capacity radiator if that doesn't stabilize it.)

Godfrey