Re: Normal guage readings

<< driving the car, little traffic, weather sunny, temp 85 deg.  As far as I
know
 the car, '69 1750 Spider, has stock US gearing and it runs on 185x14 tyres.
At
 steady sustained 100 mph the rev meter is just at the start of the red band
ie
 5,700 rpm, and the temp gauge reads 200 deg., the oil pressure reads 60 psi.
At
 idle the engine speed is 900 rpm, and the oil pressure gauge reads almost
zero,
 but picks up straight away when the engine is revved.  Are these readings
normal.

Not knowing what your final drive ratio is, it all sounds pretty normal for
100 mph spider driving. I would guess you are a 4:56 final drive. 200 degrees
is reflective of the speed (if you were just crusin' at 75 you should be down
at 180 or less); the idle is almost right on spec and the oil pressure
readings are right on.

Kevin M
74 2000 Spider
Framingham, MA USA