GTV-6 Exhaust Leak

Advice needed...I finally got around to replacing the center and rear
sections of my exhaust system last weekend, but the two pipes that
connect the cat to the middle section still leak.

It looks like the band clamps are "sprung", and can't be tightened
enough.  I had been trying for a few months to buy the proper
replacement clamps from several Alfa parts places, but they seem to
be "no longer available", so in desperation, I got a couple of
Amurican U bolt clamps, and cinched them up just before the slits in
the larger pipes--no good.

Does anyone have a good solution short of welding the cat to the
middle box? Thanks,

Chris Attias
'84 GTV-6
'64 MGB