Re: 1967 Duetto Restoration

I could use some help now that I'm working in the trunk area of my 67 Duetto.
 I've removed the gas tank and found it to be set in a sort of putty similar
to plumber's putty as well as a one piece gasket that is located under the
lip of the tank and on top of the lip of the trunk floor area.  The gasket is
aged and cracked.  My parts book does not show this gasket nor did I see it
in catalogs such as Ricambi's. Anyone know a source?
Next, I removed the sending unit and float to clean the tank and coat the
inside.  The float is discolored from years of gasoline and it is hard to
tell what it is made of and it has a long linear crack in it.   Is it made of
cork?  If so,  I guess they don't go bad and as long as they are not
disintegrating a crack is not that critical?
I expected to find a short large diameter rubber hose that would connect my
filler neck to the tank but mine is a solid one piece neck.  There had been
some gas fumes associated with the car and I only found one pin hole near the
base of the neck and I soldered this and the rest of the tank is fine and is
now coated inside.  I did not discover a one way valve or any of the other
things I've heard Fred describe associated with some of the Alfa  tanks.
I've cleaned the gas cap (they are NLA) and am replacing the short rubber
fuel line from the tank to the steel gas line.  Anyone have any other tank
related thoughts about fuel odor or restoration?  I would rather do it now
that once the tank is reset and filled.  Do the original steel gas lines need
to be replaced or can solvent such as carb cleaner be sent through and blown
out?   I can imagine all those bends could be tricky to imitate and would
just as soon save that frustration for new brake lines.  Last,  the large
rubber contraption that catches spilled fuel around the gas tank filler neck
is old and it would seem that it should be sealed to allow all spilled gas to
drain down the rubber drain tube and out the bottom of the trunk.  Mine had
no evidence of a clamp around the filler neck or sealer.  I suspect these
will be NLA as well.
Tim Malaney
St. Louis, Mo.
67 Duo Duettos.