Re: Accumulator for Milano ABS

Thanks all who replied off list,

I just ordered one today, Algar had them in stock.  Several people had
recommended getting rid of the ABS; Several people had changed the
accumulators and solved their problems.  I still want to try replacing this
before I go to the lengths of changing everything out.

This has been an ongoing problem with this car for a couple of years.  The
previous owner, friend at my work (still a friend) had the pump and
accumulator replaced with a "good used one" after the pump completely
failed.  It seems to have suffered ABS ANTILOCK warning lights flashing and
lack of peddle pressure since.  I've had the car only four months. The lack
of peddle pressure seems to be getting worse, and the motor runs each time I
apply pressure to the brakes and then intermittently, more so when hot.  I
think this is caused by the accumulator not holding the correct pressure. (A
pressure switch was also suggested, we will check it out)

I'll post what happens when I get it installed.

Mike Monson