RE: running at pocono

	hi joe, ewe said:
	>Dear Mr. Sedon,
	>  These are the type of responses we receive. While we try and group on
the
	>performance capabilities of the car, in the sense of grouping
	>Alfas/Fiats/Lancias. We group more on the driver's skill than the cars
	>performance. If we based it solely on the cars level of performance we
would
	>be faced with the dilemma of F40s not being fast enough compared to the
333
	>SPs....
	>
	>We have 26 hours of track time available this year. We purchased a 3rd
day of
	>track to accommodate the extra groups. The motorcycle group jumped at
the
	>chance and put everything together on their own. Unwelcome? we have
done
	>everything to appeal to them from talking to the National President to
	>Regional Chapter Representatives. We've gone to Alfa events, passed out

	>literature, answered questions, made it perfectly clear that we want to
have
	>a run session for the group. By dropping 6 sessions it will give others
more
	>track time, but it becomes a scheduling nightmare at the last minute.
	========================
	once again, it's wery simple - have a slot on the schedule for these
*lesser* cars, & they'll get filled.

	>We don't have problems with Pantera owners on any coast. At least a
half
	>dozen come from the "West Coast" every year. Which is probably more
than the
	>East Coast people that show up for events out there.
	==================
	then please mention this to "foncool", and ask him to lighten up in his
derogatory posts to the pantera digest.

	>As I said before, it is obvious you have never organized an event
yourself.  You >have no idea of the cost involved...The track...corner workers,
fire & 2 sets of >ambulance crews along with wrecker crew....flags, radios, fire
extinguishers & >jaws of life....Instructors also paid in advance, we use
Professionals from Skip >Barber & Bertil Roos...numbers and wrist bands for the
drivers plus run group >signaling balloons.
	>Throw in another 5 to 8k more in miscellaneous and you've got just the
track >covered.

	>...there are tent rentals, snow fencing, security...meals...all paid in
advance. >Deposits required by the Hotel for facility use...printing and
production for an 80+ >page 4 color program...trophies all engraved paid in
advance. You have to guess >how many from each marque will show up, and how many
classes needed for >each.  Custom made Flags with Poles for each marque all paid
in advance...And >all this before you've even reached 1 person to attend the
event...while www is a >great help in reducing cost the vast majority of owners
are still not on-line. So >when you're ready to dig 100k out of your pocket to
organize an event on this >scale and roll the dice that you'll get it back, talk
to me.
	===================
	i'm well aware of what it takes to do this type of event, thank yew.
like i said before, i'd like to think that if i had enuff $$$ to "roll the dice"
on such an event, i'd still maintain my friendly spirit, & not be so snobby.

	>Until then you may want to spend your time practicing the written
English
	>language. The Ebonics just doesn't make it.
	ebonics?!?  do ewe even know what you're talking about?!?!  now that
you're finished insulting all the alfisti, ewe have to insult the
african-americans, too?  style is one thing - substance is *much* more
important, imho.

	>Joe Corbacio
	>Italian C.A.R.S.
	dug seed in