Cavallino Ferrari Classic

Virtually every Alfa enthusiast is also a lover of
Ferrari's.  With that in mind, I wanted to mention
that the Cavallino Ferrari Classic is coming up this
month.  It's held in Palm Beach, Florida, and this
year will run from Wednesday, Jan. 18 through Sunday,
the 22nd.  The only thing going on Wednesday is the
Derek Daly driver's school, but Thursday and Friday
are the key days for the track events. They are held
at the MOROSO Motorsports Park, in West Palm.  This
year they will be having Ferrari Vintage races split
into two groups, both days (already 40 cars entered).

I have worked the event for the last 6 years and can
tell you it is something to see.  One year, Phil Hill
showed up.  Brian Redman, is usually there and getting
rides around the track is pretty easy. Just grab one
of us with the "Host" nametags and we will find you
someone to ride with. Last year there were about 120
cars including five F-50's, and an incredible F-40LM
modified to 800hp with 7 speed sequential gear box.
Also there was an original 1958 250TR, Moretti's
Daytona winning 333SP, an ex-Alain Prost F1 Car and a
ex-Mario Andretti, 312PB.  ALL of these saw track
time!!!  Aside from the track event, there is a beauty
contest on the lawn at the "Breakers" Hotel on Palm
Beach, Saturday, and I believe a tour on Sunday.
This event is mostly for the owners so the spectator
admission to the track is very nominal (around $10)
and the show at the "Breakers" is free.
You will see some Alfa's in the infield at the track
event because several of us workers can't afford the
insurance on a Ferrari.
This event is not well known outside the Ferrari Clubs
and subscribers to Cavallino magazine, so there isn't
a large crowd to fight. It's certainly a worthwhile
adventure.
It's no Pebble Beach, but it's worth the effort if you
are close by or are going to be in Florida that week.

Send me a note if you need more info.
Usual disclaimers... I'm just a volunteer!

Dave Miller
Deltona, Florida