Re: Verde Clunk

In a message dated 1/2/00 23:25:23 Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 I am experiencing a weird vibration, coupled with a low rattle or clunk, in
 the front end. It happens when I drive over any bumpy roads. I took off the
 front wheels and took a look around, but couldn't find anything loose that
 would be causing the sounds.

I'm not sure this will help, but my 164 developed a clunk on
acceleration/deceleration, like something had worked loose. I took my car to
the shop, where the mechanic just went around tightening things underneath. I
believe scheduled maintenance calls for bolt tightening at around 70K. In any
case, the sound was gone after this, and I got a cheery "Buon Anno" from the
mechanic- and no charge!

Don