More busted fan blades & a hose question

In V7 #1255 Norm asks:

"Just lost a fan blade on a 81 spider. Do I need to pull the radiator to

 replace the fan, also, I need to replace the fan shroud? Any help would
be
 appreciated before I start. Thanks, Norm."

**********

I agree that removing the radiator allows additional room to remove the
fan. But, why do so? True there are only two hoses, but for me, that
bottom one is a stinker to get back on and sufficiently tight. Plus you
have to drain, then refill and then get all of the air out of the
system.

To remove the radiator you have to remove the shroud first (at least on
earlier 1750 / 2000 Spiders) and push it towards the engine before
removing the radiator anyway. Why not just get out the old ratchet and
10mm socket at that point and remove the 5 bolts, washers and large
metal ring, slip off the fan, and if you're replacing it, the shroud.
Then reverse the procedure on assembly.

I also agree one should determine what broke the blade in the first
place--with broken or spongy motor mounts as the likely culprit.

To make it easier, I would remove the hood before removing the radiator.
Use tape to locate where the hinges mount so you can get it realigned if
not on the first try, certainly on the second. I always put an old towel
underneath the front of the hood before removing the bolts so it can
rest there without scratching when removing the the bolts.

Spica air cleaner hose question: Underneath the air cleaner there are
two short  5/16" hollow metal hoses located near each end. They appear
to be drain holes and flex hoses are obviously meant to be attached to
them.

That being the case, where do the other ends of the flex hoses attach?

Biba
Irwindale, CA, USA