A Few Maintenance Questions...

I'm looking to do some routine (preventive) maintanence on my '88 Verde and
would like some advice on a few topics:

1. What is the oil of choice from the viewpoint of our more technically
inclined listers? Should I use 20/50, 10/40, etc. I live in (very) hot south
Fla. but is chilly right now.

2. In regard to changing the brake fluid - what is the currently recommended
viscosity - DOT4? Also, should I use my single person vacuum gun or should I
have someone push the brake pedal to bleed it? I've heard that all you have
to do is hold down the pedal and it will bleed down without air entry - does
it use a one way valve or something?

3. Can I use a thicker tranny fluid to slow the synchros down and decrease
2nd gear crunching?

4. What is the recommended way to drain coolant fluid to change it. I didn't
see a drain plug anywhere.

Thanx so much in advance. Hope you all had / will have a great New Year!

John Schiller, RN, EMT
Delray Medical Center
Trauma Intensive Care Unit (TICU)
Master Sergeant, US Air Force Reserves