shift boot installation pains. . .

I recived in the mail today a new leather shiftboot for my '86 GTV-6,
unfortunatly it came without directions. So I called internation auto (where
I had ordered it) and the guy said, "its easy, just pop off the lower console
and you'll be able to figure it out from there"!!!! interesting directions. .
. So when I got home from work , I unscrewed the console, lifted it up,
pulled out the old one, but after an Hour, I STILL CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT
IT ON RIGHT. This is the first time I have had un-satisfactory results from
IAP and I am dissapointed that they did not offer to send the directions
after forgetting to send them in the first place. There seems to be clips
that you attatch to the shift boot but where? At the corners?
If anyone could send me the "idiots guide to installing a new shift boot on a
GTV6" using those metal clips (which hurt when they get stuck on your fingers
by the way) That would be fantastic.
Thanks,
Jeff