Oil filters - here fishy, fishy

Let me break out the gas can here, slosh slosh....

I have a hard time understanding why a factory oil filter cannot be used.
They are made to work for you Alfa and are cheap.  The local dealer here in
Seattle sells 'em for around five bucks, with your AROC membership discount
you're looking at about four and a quarter.  Now that may be one of the
lower priced places to buy an Alfa oil filter (I like to think their pricing
is designed to encourage you to change your oil often!) but really most Alfa
parts sources aren't selling 'em for much over six bones.  AlfaBill offers
ten packs for a pretty good price to.  That would last you 30k!!  A lifetime
the way some poor Alfas just sit and rot.

Thanks AB for the temp sensor and CarDisc!  I went home for lunch today and
found the goods on my doorstep.  Hopefully this will be the fix.

Cheers,
Zach
Redmond, WA
'91 164S