Back to the Future

Gordy writes:

Boy, was I happy to read Zach's response to Joe's original post.  Traveling
5500 miles with Zach this summer as I did, was really refreshing to my
automotive side.   Here was a 23 year old youngster (young enough to be my
son) who was beginning the process of turning his 5th Alfa (an Alfetta) into
a track car for club events.  And we were going Seattle to KC (15 states)
and back, touring the West while doing so, in an absolutely pristine 164S.
The baby did 145 (AMHIK), and was a clean as any car on the road.  After
all, it got washed and detailed in the campground at Glacier National Park,
amongst other places.
The top end stat was pretty good considering the trunk packed with gear
("we're not really taking all that are we Gordy?"), but she'll do a little
better, at least I have reason to believe ;-)  Gordy I'd gladly travel
another 5500 miles with you, after all we ate like kings courtesy of your
tasty meals.  Just remind me to bring a warmer sleeping back for those
frozen June nights in Glacier.
This reminds me of something, I recall at least one (Mesa Verde), maybe two
National Park rangers commenting, "Oh how nice, an Alfa Romeo. What
wonderful cars!"  That nearly took me by surprise, but I received the same
treatment when entering the Going Into the Sun Highway in Glacier about 3
summers ago in the GTV6.  Did it a weekend from Seattle, not a complaint
from my passenger or the Six.  Well, I guess my friend did whine a little
when we were caught up in slower traffic.

Catch 'ya later,
Zach
Redmond, WA
'91 164S