2600 question a few issues ago

I saw a question from a digesti re: horn wiring and not seeing a
response, and at the risk of public ridicule I will offer the following:

Don't have a 2600 wiring diagram afront of me and don't own a 2600
however.. if it is of any help whatsoever:  My Giulietta has 2 wires
entering the steering column at the bottom.  When grounded, each
operates seperate relays on the left inner (nearside?) apron in the
engine compartment.  One relay operates the horns and the other operates
a relay that energizes the headlamps for flashing purposes.  At the top
of the column the outer ring of the "horn button" for lack of better
terminology operates the horns and the inner "horn button" flashes the
headlamps.  You may find your 2600 similarly equipped, if it's an early
car, then again maybe not.    From your description sounds like  you are
energizing the relay and that one hi beam filament is burned out. I
would ground each wire individually (with caution) and determine which
operates the headlamps.  Better still, consult a wiring diagram if you
can lay your hands on one.

Hope this helps.

Ian