Advice needed on Giulia Super

Hi,

I am trying to put some Cromodora wheels on a Giulia Super.  I
believe the offset is the same on both wheels (+40 mil), but I
am unsure if the original wheels were 6 X 14 as the Cromodora
are.

Anyway the problem is that with 185/70 fitted I am just contacting
the rear outside wheel well at standing.  I guess my options are either
to fit less wide tires or bring the sill out.

If I fit 175/70 I gain 5 mm; What would be acceptable clearance?

Any similar experiences or workarounds known.

David Leventhal

'72 Giulia Super
'79 Alfasud Super
'90 75 Milano