administrivia: discussing grammer, speeling, etc.

it has been brought to my attention that we have a modest amount of flaming
about english usage on the list right now (i've been on vacation, and will
be until monday, and so haven't particularly been able to keep up with the
list.)

as a 18 year veteran of the network, one conclusion that i came to long ago
is that there are few things more fruitless on the net than arguing about
the english language, so why don't we stop doing so on the alfa digest --
which after all, an alfa list, and not an english usage list.

cheers,
   richard