Hope for the future...

In V7, # 1248, Joe Elliott wrote:

"Well I'm 16 years old and making approximately $35 a
week.  I own a GTV6. I bought it for $450 and have put
$2300 into it (but not all that was really
necessary--I just felt like a new transmission when I
had it out for
mounts, and was told that I should replace some other
driveline bits that weren't all that bad, although now
I've determined my driveshaft center support is
shot...).  My friend Jake has a Milano..."

Anyone who seriously thinks the youth of America are a
bunch of hapless losers needs to read this. Joe's
entire letter was heartening to read, both for the
willingness he shows to undertake real grubby-knuckle
work (in lieu of spending money he doesn't have) and
for the genuine enthusiasm he clearly has for these
cars. Nor is it likely that he and Jake are the only
kids on the continent like that. Okay, so it won't
cure cancer or world hunger, but it still makes me
feel pretty damn good about at least some of the
future.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN
'87 Milano, in need of Joe and Jake!