Re: Welder advice for AlfaBill

If the intended use is primarily bodywork, I would recommend a MIG welder.
We purchased a Miller wire-fed MIG welder a few years back and it was the
best investment we ever made.  It runs on 110V so you can plug it in any wall
outlet. Voltage and wire speed is fully adjustable so you can weld anything
up to 1/8" with good penetration. Or you can turn the amps way down and
spot-weld sheet metal with no warpage or blow-holes.  Its stupid simple to
operate and a spool of wire and a bottle of inert gas seem to last forever. I
highly recommend it.  (Unfortunately, I don't remember the model number but
it is a smaller unit.)

My $.02...

Darren Besic
'57 Giulietta (with a few tweaks)