Re:Migpak

Bill,

I have one of these.  It is easy to set up and use, though I did have to rig
a mechanism to keep the wire spool retaining nut from tightening up and
preventing wire from being fed properly.  It is a great tool.  However, in
my limited experience, I highly recommend getting a joddler to put a stepped
edge in metal to do a lap weld instead of a butt weld.  I'm not using the
flux core wire that came with the kit.  I bought a gas bottle (mixed gas)
and standard wire.  Flux core doesn't give as clean of a weld.

Practice on scrap metal before you start on the car.  Run some beads until
you get good at it.  Then do some joins.  Don't worry at first about panel
distortion.  Just work on technique.  There's a 55 minute video on MIG
welding for $29.99 (that I may buy) that might be good to get at the same
time.  The video that comes with the welder won't get you far.  Good luck.

Lawrence Gowin
International Engineering
Level (3) Communications
lawrence.gowin@domain.elided