welder advice.

Ok Gurus...

I'm about to go to HD and buy a Lincoln welder. I'm looking at the base
model mainly due to budget. (Model 100) I would use it for light duty
work, such as sheet metal, ie; rocker panels on the Spider and some
floor work, as well as sheet metal work on the VW bus.

Anyone have one of these? Opinions? I can justify the $300-350 price
with the body shop costs for one rocker on the Spider.

Also, what do you need to do to protect the ECUs and other electrics
when using an electric welder on a Bosch car?

Thanks
AlfaBill
Tampax FL -cold and clear tonight