Alfetta exhaust

Hello all,

I'd like to thank everyone who replied both on and off digest
to my question involving the exhaust smell in the cabin of
the Mighty Alfetta.  Since the problem began just after the
exhaust was installed, it follows that it is the root of the
problem.  The tip is only a couple inches past the body, angled
up instead of straight out or pointed down.  I have removed the
bumpers so the exhaust naturally drafts back into the cabin.
The light bulb goes off, how did I miss such an obvious thing!
Also, as a result, I believe the rubber seals have broken down
allowing even more fumes to make it into the cabin.  One thing
that really bothered me was this sooty film, I'm manic about
keeping my car clean inside and out.  Although "plastic migration"
was a possibility that Alfa Bill suggested, I think it's probably
closer to "exhaust migration".  Thanks, though, cause it gives me
an excuse to go down to Griot's and get some of that vinyl dressing.
Lucky me, local to all the good stuff.

Also, I loved the story about sitting in Seattle traffic with the
top down spider.  People like to give me a hard time about my love
for all Italian gofastica....why don't you get something you don't
have to constantly mess with?  Because I love to drive!  Whether
it is in the middle of Seattle traffic or going up 509 late at
night when you are the only car around, it doesn't matter, in my
Alfas, on my Guzzi, driving is such a blast.  Why take the bus
when you can fly?  As for reliability, I'd like to see any other
25 year old car which makes it there and back every day and doesn't
need it's share of maintenance.  Stuff wears out.

So Happy Christmas to everyone, thanks for being the source of
answers and entertainment for another year.  And thanks to Santa
who brought me a brand new Vanson jacket and an Alfa Serpent
watch because I have been a very good girl.

Kathy Jo
'fetta
GTV-6
berlina
guzzi monza
duc monza jr.
various other quackers
and oh yea, Vanagon with stock motor and stickin' to it
(one boring utilitarian vehicle which knows it's way to the dog park)