Grammar, etiquette, etc. (minimal alfa content)

OK, I was going to call it quits until next year but this recent thread has
really fascinated me.

Firstly, I do spell check and check my grammar for the most part, but this is a
personal preference and I do it mainly because I want my point  or query
(however sometimes misguided they may be) to come across clearly.

Now, to all those who feel that correct grammar must be used at all times, I
offer this:
Consider the differences in use of language around a business associate versus
your best buddy that you've known since 7th grade. Admittedly we' re not all
"best" buddies, but I think we can all agree that part of what makes Alfa
ownership so special is the social component, and what we all have in common on
this digest is a mutual passion, that's about all we can ask for.  To quote a
good friend of mine "finding a whole group of people who are as sick as you are
has got to be a good thing" I agree.

In closing, why not let everyone be who they are and express their thoughts
(provided they are alfa related) in whatever manner they choose, this is a
discussion forum and you need not respond directly (on-digest or off) to anyone
who you'd rather not, sort of a like a real life forum, idn't it (couldn't
resist).

Flame away if you must but don't expect any response until next year .

Giovanni
88 Verde