164S electrical witchcraft

thanks to all who responded a few days ago with suggestions for my post
rear-ended, electrical shutdown.  the suggestions focused on two main
possibilities:

1. that my key had gotten stuck in the initial start position which
allows a relay to turn off all electricity while starting the car.
2. that when rear-ended a wire was pinched that is causing a short

i took a look at the car and there don't appear to be any pinched wires
near the impact zone.  if it was my ignition switch in the on position,
why would some electrical devices (e.g.-radio and moon roof) have worked
and others not?  i'm still stumped here, and the other's party's
insurance company looked at it today and will be back next week to see
what the body shop has discovered.  i'd like to be able to make some
suggestion about possible causes.  any further ideas or points about the
first i may be overlooking?

thanks again,
ascher
78 spider