Erudite Digesters

In AD #1233, C. M. Smith writes:

"Just that some of us have such important and urgent messages we
assume the recipients can spell check the results just as easily, if
they
so desire, taking full responsibility for any resulting
misunderstandings.

"Fun and free are the keys to enjoying this exchange of thoughts and
feelings... a toughie for some of us I know, but I'm bending slowly."

**********

I'm aware C. M. is having fun here, but nevertheless, I must beg to
differ.

(Just go with me on this): Many years ago when Our Side was a tiny
minority, I had some friends who would insist on smoking in my home.
Would they kindly go out to the patio?

No they would not. They were my guests and I should make them
comfortable.

I asked if I was in their home and took a crap on their carpet, would
that be okay?

The discussion went on for sometime regarding politeness versus 'but I
always do this' argument, one foul smell versus another, until finally
they said, "Why not just use the bathroom?"

Bingo!

Is it really too much to ask (dug seed in excepted) people to consider
other's when posting an email? At the risk of sounding like a Major
suck-up, I have a collection of J. Hertzman's emails. His Subject
headings invariably give me the laugh for the day and the email is, of
course, always interesting and well written.

Have fun, write well and correctly, and always wear clean underwear
because you never know...

Also remember, this is an international forum. How would you like to
have American (okay, English) as your second language and have to not
only decipher a writer's correct words, but wade through their cute
little all lower case, misspelled, meracun homilies?

Biba
Irwindale CA, USA

End of alfa-digest V7 #1235