re: Erudite Digesters

hi biba,

this really had me on the floor!
=====================
>(Just go with me on this): Many years ago when Our Side was a tiny
>minority, I had some friends who would insist on smoking in my home.
>Would they kindly go out to the patio?
>
>No they would not. They were my guests and I should make them
>comfortable.
>
>I asked if I was in their home and took a crap on their carpet, would
>that be okay?
>
>The discussion went on for sometime regarding politeness versus 'but I
>always do this' argument, one foul smell versus another, until finally
>they said, "Why not just use the bathroom?"
>
>Bingo!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ya mean kinda like why not go outside to smoke?  :>)

as a light smoker (1 pack of filter-less camels/week), i find this all amusing.
i have no problem going outside to smoke at other's homes.  usually do it at my
*own* home.  re: crapping - sometimes i smoke in the bathroom, that's all i'm
saying about it!  :>)
===========================

>Is it really too much to ask (dug seed in excepted) people to consider
>other's when posting an email? ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
jeez, i'm honored, but no need to except me - what's good for the goose is good
for the gander.

personally, i find the chemicals emitted into one's home thru tobacco smoke,
excrement, etc., a tad bit different than the warm fuzzy glow emitted into your
environs from a computer screen.  caps, non-caps, mis-spellings - the lite's
yust the same, so's the odor.  the delete key is yust as close, too.
=========================

>Also remember, this is an international forum. How would you like to
>have American (okay, English) as your second language and have to not
>only decipher a writer's correct words, but wade through their cute
>little all lower case, misspelled, meracun homilies?
++++++++++++++++++++++
i recently replied to a post from luca, that eyetalian turbo-75 owner.  i made a
conscious effort to go back & correct all my 'murricun homilies that coulda
confused the poor soul.  i figger that's reasonable - *he* had specific
questions - if i wanna help him, mite as well try to make it understandable for
him.

freedom seems to come at the expense of order - oh well, can't make everyone
happy.

ciao for now,

doug "likes freedom" sedon

ps -
>Have fun, write well and correctly, and always wear clean underwear
>because you never know...
underwear?!?  who wears *that*???  because ewe never know...  :>)