Re: Looking for a good 105/70-14

I have a set of AVID H4 in size 195/65-14  mounted on 14x6 BWA Sportstar
rims on my modified '73 Berlina.  This sedan uses Koni shocks set at 1/2
with Shanke supersport springs and Ward and Dean rear sway bar at rear.
Wonderful tires - EXCELLENT in the rain, do not squeal in dry hard
cornering conditions, smooth and quiet at highway speeds, so far having
good wear.  These tires replaced a set of Dunlop D60 M2 in the same size on
the same car/rims, and they are far superior.
I personally prefer the 195/65-14 over the 185/70-14 -same size diameter  -
slightly more aggressive  tread/sidewall without being too much tire for
the car.  On the Berlina, however, the 195 (versus 185) makes for a close
fit for lowered cars at the rear wheel arch (though this is not a problem
on 105/115 spiders and GTVs).

KCT
Powell, Tennessee
~~~
>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:58:32 -0500
>From: "Jay T Hinton" <jhinton@domain.elided>
>Subject: Looking for a good 187-70-14
>
>Would someone have had any experience  among the following tires;  a
>Yoko  AVID H4,  a Bridgestone 930 series or a Bstone  900,  all in a
>185-70-14.  These will be fitted to some Campy magnesiums in a 14 X 6.
 > Also,  these tires seem about at the top of what the Tire Rack and
>Discount tire offer.  Many thanks.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1233