RE: cold weather Alfas and owners

> I was thinking of all our Alfa pals in the cold climates the other
> day... had to move the "new" 85 Spider, damn grapefruit kept making a
> solid "thomp" noise as they bounced off the fender. How do I cure this?
> I pondered. The oranges are not hardly as noisy...
>
> Pitying those in the frozen north

you know, i used to envy those in warmer climes.  then i drove in silicon
valley traffic, and sweated in florida heat...

since i relegated my alfas to fun car status, and started to rely on
something else as a daily driver, i actually enjoy the winter here in new
england.  it's a time to let the alfas rest, and to perform whatever
extended services they might require, without having to rush to get them
back together again for the drive to work the next day.

besides, even though it's cold, you don't have to stop driving them until
they salt the roads.  why, just the other day i had a most pleasant ride in
a maserati bora...

bs, wishing *everybody* a white xmas (with no caps!) ;)