Milano turn signals

Once again, I'm having turn-signal issues on my Milano.
Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It'll be all of them
that fail, and usually if I drive the car in the middle of the
day. Hazard warning lights will work (until yesterday).
Yesterday I checked the continuity on the connector on the
column, which was fine. After checking the wiring diagram, I
decided to look at the hazard warning switch. Cleaned contacts,
no improvement- in fact now if I turn on the hazards fuse 19
blows. Do I have two separate problems or can everything be
blamed on a flakey hazard switch? Alfa electronics... makes me
wonder what Y2K has in store for the whole of Italy!

Neil
'87 Milano Gold
San Francisco