Help..GTV2000 Alternator light comes on and then.

>The Alternator light on my dashboard came on last night. At the same time the
>fuel,  oil pressure and water temp.  gauges stopped working. Drove several
>miles this way. Then went over a bump and into my garage.The Alf light went
>off and gauges back on...
>Can anyone tell me what might be happening? Could it be a loose connection to
>the alternator.

The "alt" light on the dash is activated by a wire that runs from the
alternator to the regulator and then to fuse #6 in the main fuse panel
under the dash.  Fuse #6 also controls the gauges.  A bad connection at the
alternator can make the light come on, but since the gauges are going out
too, I'd check the fuse panel first.

In my 2000 GTV, fuse #6 blows with some regularity (sustained high revs,
apparently).   The light comes on, but the charging system continues to
function normally.  It's another of those situations, like the Milano's
ARC, where a warning light is more likely to indicate a problem with the
light itself than with the system it's supposed to provide information about.

Dana Loomis