Please listen to John Hertzman's advice

In AD #1227 John Hertzman politely asked Digesters to post a specific
Subject title appropriate to their reply.

He also quotes Fred that it's helpful to know where someone is located
when replying to a Digesters question.

In AD #1228 Bryan Shuler seconded these motions in a very forthright
manner. I especially liked his comment, "If you need a style sheet, just
watch Mr. Hertzman."

Also in AD #1228, there were still two Digesters who used Re:
alfa-digest, etc. as their Subject (sigh). There were eight members who
apparently were incapable of adding their city and state.

I wish Richard would include all replies to the Digest  to his SPAM list
which have the Subject title as Re: alfa-digest V7 #1222 (or whatever
number the sender is apparently too lazy to remove and then replace with
a correct Subject title).

Has anyone gone back over old Digests looking for a particular subject,
have trouble finding it in the headings, then are forced to scroll down
to each and every "Re: alfa-digest V7 #1222" just in case that might be
the item you're looking for?

I won't be popular with the next one either: I hope anyone posting a car
or parts and is incapable of including their city and state, never sell
the items. (Are you down the street or 3,000 miles away? And, yes, it
definitely matters).

I'll be the first to admit I pulled some pretty big boo-boos when first
posting questions and answers. However, once someone gets the hang of
it, why not include your name, city, state, and a helpful Subject title
on each and every posting?

And oh yeah, a whole bunch of you could make really good use of The
Spell Checker. Netscape has one and I assume Internet Explorer also does
since Bill Gates has never had an original thought. (Hey, when you're
running for Mr. Popularity of the Alfa Digest, why not let the chips
fall...).

And where is it written it's okay Not to use capital letters on the
Internet?

For many of us the Internet has become a major source for communicating
with others, whether they live or work ten miles away, or 10,000. It is
a wonderful tool. Why throw up barriers when making use of it?

Biba
Irwindale CA, USA