RE: alfa-digest V7 #1227

I have successfully used a rack from Performance Bike Shops
http://www.performance.com where it sits on the rear bumper but does not
touch any othe rpart of the car. It uses the usual dual tie-down straps to
the forward edge of the trunk but for opposite tension uses two straps that
attach to the bottom of the bumper, under the car. You cinch the bottom
straps down good and tight and then bring the rack forward to the car while
it's sitting on the bumper; thats the forward tension. Rear tension is then
applied with the trunk straps. It takes a few minutes of practice but works
fine for three full sized bikes. This rack also works great on my GTV-6.

John Schiller, RN, EMT
Delray Medical Center
Trauma Intensive Care Unit (TICU)
Master Sergeant, US Air Force Reserves