re:: Alfa 164 tangles with Ford Ranger

Pete,
     You're a lucky guy.  Saved by the foam in the bumper, I suppose.
My 164 got backed into in the parking lot by a semi-trailer last
Wednesday, which cracked the right corner of the bumper and split the
splash shield under the car.  $1400 bill to fix it (new bumper, marker
light, splash shield, etc...).  Fortunately I don't see a dime of the
bill.  Only problem is that the best comparable rental I could find was
a Cadillac...  Ugh.  Even with the 32V Northstar powerplant I can't get
excited.

            Jeff Matson
            Harvard, MA