Re: heater follies

In a message dated 12/15/99 1:27:32 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:10:09 -0800 (PST)
>  From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@domain.elided>
>  Subject: Re: Heater Follies
>
>  Thanks for the notes on the strangely behaving heater.
>
>  I received five emails from a-d listees, four of which suggested that the
>  heater valve is going bad and one which suggested checking the coolant
>  level to be sure it wasn't going low. I checked, it is full to the brim in
>  the radiator cap, so I suspect it's time to do the heater valve. Oh joy!
>
>  Godfrey

This is just a shot in the dark, butif your spider has A/C check that a
previous owner has put in a manual shut off valve on the heater line under
the hood.  This  was often done on GTV-6 and maybe others to keep the hot
water out of the car and improve the performance of the A/C.  I have one on
my 83 GTV6.  Would only take a couple of minutes to check.

Jerry in Houston