164 CD Stereo

Though it's not stock, maybe someone can get me looking in the right areas
for this strange gremlin.

One night, I'm cruising home listening to Terry Allen on the stereo, sounds
great.  The next morning, I'm getting awful feedback through the right rear
speaker; it sounds as though it's blown.  I switch to the radio, and all
sounds fine.  I go back to the CD player, and it does not play, all I get is
static.

Could this be a blown fuse?  The changer is still getting power.  It's an
aftermarket CD player that works through the radio, and the changer is
mounted in the trunk.  Installation was done by the previous owner.

Thanks for any suggestions.  It's one thing when the stepper goes out in the
middle of winter.  Something else when you lose your tunes.