Re: 164 CD Stereo

Morgan Steve wrote:
>One night, I'm cruising home listening to Terry Allen on the stereo, sounds
>great.  The next morning, I'm getting awful feedback through the right rear
>speaker; it sounds as though it's blown.  I switch to the radio, and all
>sounds fine.  I go back to the CD player, and it does not play, all I get is
>static.
>Could this be a blown fuse?  The changer is still getting power.  It's an
>aftermarket CD player that works through the radio, and the changer is
>mounted in the trunk.  Installation was done by the previous owner.
>Thanks for any suggestions.  It's one thing when the stepper goes out in the
>middle of winter.  Something else when you lose your tunes.

AS you describe it, the units is separated from the radio (so it's a 6 or
10 cd
loader I guess), and it isn't new... since it has been installed by
somebody else
before you.  Well: car cd players (newer ones are better) have always suffered
the "bumps" sickness. The "dust" sickness too.
A combination of 'em both makes the laser gun being misaligned and eventually
dirt.  I has the same identical trouble with my previous Kenwood from panel
cd loader.  It worked greatly for 2 years then it began to play dirty noises,
and, sometimes, refuse the cd too.  I think that a complete check up by a
specialized
car hifi or cd players tecnhician will solve the problem.
Anyway I didn't go for this solution with mine. Fron load cd are much more
weaker
in a matter of bumps, and having a very stiff springs setup on my 75Turbo,
I decided
to don't transplant the player from the previous 1600. I will get a brand new
loader, that's much more bumps resistant.

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
"A lifetime isn't enough"
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250