odometer

Mine had a broken wire on the little motor that turns the
odometer/tripmeter.  I soldered the wire back on and fixed the problem.

It's not to much trouble to get the guages out - just be sure you remove the
outer ring of the pod after the car has set in the sun for a while so it
wont be cold and brittle.  Other than that, there are some screws that then
need to be removed to free the guage assemble from the rest of the pod.  My
memory gets a little foggy after this, and I may be confusing it with
another car, but it seems like there are some small brass nuts on the back
of the guage assemble that have to be removed to free the guages.

Good Luck,
Rodney
Hattiesburg, MS