Front PLates and Dug

Dug, I would hazard to say that if your car wasn't in operation or on a
public raod that you could tell them where to put that ticket.... A
realted story, my brother was driving one of my fathers cars, and brother
being brother, stopped in ot McD's for a shake or something. Whilst
inside he noticed a couple of the dim-witted (they really are) coppers
ogling his expired inspection sticker. He waited and waited, probably had
another shake, until they went down the street to another parking lot.
Taking the gamble that they were giving up and chewcking another lot, he
got in the car and motored along. At this time, the coppers tore out of
the other lot and pulled him over to ticket him for operating an
uminspected car (NJ). For all the coppers in Bethesda know, you took your
front plate off when you parked the car to have it cleaned while you
work. Fight that, its not so much the money as it is the principle....
Having said all that, I've been operating my Milano without a front tag
for some time--came without a front bracket to affix the tag.

Regards

...anonymous....