Sorry forgot about the left turn problem

Jeez, talk about limits on pontification. Of course there will always be
the problem of intersection clearing by patient left turners stuck until
the yellow. BUT, this reinforces the point about stopping if you can. In
fact, I have to admit a bit of Darwinism here. I always lunge at the yellow
light runners when I'm waiting to turn left. I always keep my car well out
of harm's way, but it is amazing the antics displayed by the brain dead as
they suddenly realize the danger! If all responsible drivers carefully
observed yellow lights AND indulged in a bit of restrained lunging at
careless drivers when we're facing a yellow and absolutely entitled to turn
left and clear the intersection, we might make a bit of progress. BTW, I
understand that only the suicidal or terminally insane try to beat the
yellow in Portugal. There the opposing yellow is treated as a green for the
soon to have right of way drivers!!! Obviously the gene pool is getting
thinned regularly in Portugal!

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada