Re: Volvo customer service

In a message dated 12/9/99 9:17:47 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> My own take is that Volvo (or ANY car company) should be concerned with
>  lifetime customer brand loyalty first and foremost.  How many years, how
> many
>  Volvos do you have left in you?  That's your value to the company.

If all a car dealership did was sell new cars they would soon go out of
business.  In any dealership new car sales are a minor part of the profit
picture.  The service department makes them much more money than new car
sales.  Used cars make even more than new cars.  Likewise thge manufacturer
makes a much larger profit on maintenance and repair parts than what they
make on the original sale.

Jerry in Houston