Stuck trip odometer

In catching up on digests tonight, I saw Scott's comments on the devine
healing process for his trip odometer. It reminded me that on my '74 that
the first time I reset it to zero, it did the same thing. When I recognized
it a few miles later, I discovered that it hadn't engaged because I hadn't
pulled the shaft down far enough. Whether a sign of damage or not, I find
that pulling the shaft down gently until it stops isn't quite enough. At
that point an additional little downward tugs brings it home to work like a
charm.  I tend to think of it as having a balky synchro.

Best wishes,

Hugh
' 74 spider
Medicine Hat,