Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #1208 - Yellow Lights

A few years ago I went to Traffic School (to be re-educated so that I
would never, ever, ever, ever even think about violating the stupid,
arbitrary law that was noted on the ticket issued to me) in California.
Each of us sinners in the class had to tell what was the infraction of
which we were accused. One of the other public enemies in the class said
he was there for running a yellow light. The instructor, who was a
retired Calif. Highway Patrol Officer, told him he shouldn't be there
because entering an intersection on a YELLOW light was not an infraction
of theCalif. motor vehicle law. He even showed the alleged miscreant the
relevant section of the motor vehicle code.

However, I heard (via a radio call-in program, for what that is worth)
that in Oregon it is a violation
of the motor vehicle code to enter an intersection on a yellow light.
But that makes sense in a state where the fine for not having a front
license plate was about US$365.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA