how many US 1971 gtvs?

Anybody know how many 1971 GTVs there are in the US?  I need the number to
argue the distinction between 1971 GTVs and others, which we all know are
less desirable.  : ).
My insurance company (Nationwide) has a preliminary estimate on the value of
a 1971 GTV in the United States:  $3,500!!  Yeh, right.  All 1971 GTV owners
are hereby offered a whopping $3,600 for your cars.  I think you will agree
I'm making a generous offer.
Wonder if the two I saw in Hemmings for $9,500 and $10,000 will take $3,500?

Marc Baldwin