Re: alfa-digest V7 #1209

In a message dated 12/9/99 3:34:08 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> the europeans also have another traffic light signal that i find very
>  useful - the 'about to change to green' signal.  imagine that, providing
>  useful information to a driver!
Somewhere in my dimming memory I seem to remember that when I was learning to
drive back in the 50's that the yellow showed both before turning to red and
before turning to green.  Then they found out that the hot rodders (not me,
of course) were using them like the "christmas tree" at the drag races.  Then
the yellow before green disappeared.  This was in the Chicago, IL area.

Jerry in Houston