Re: alfa-digest V7 #1208 - Alfa Kit Car

    The Alfa kit car was manufactured in the mid 1970's by Classic MotorCars
or similar name in Buffalo New York.  I have some sale brochures around here
that I picked up from a dealer 25 years ago.  It was supposed to be a 1930
Alfa, but does not follow the P-2 or P-3 prototype too carefully.  The
company also made a Mercedes GP car, a Bugatti replica and my favorite, a
full fendered Frazier Nash.
     A friend from Little Rock has a Frazier Nash he built.  He had to pour
two sacks of cement in the floor pan between the front wheels to get enough
front end weight to make it drivable!  Needless to say, all were on narrowed
full length VW pans.
    The price was about $1500 for a basic kit at that time.  Brooklands style
windscreens and other accessories were available.  The full fendered Frazier
Nash cost more than the three cycle fendered models.
    I found one of the Alfa replicas in the paper a couple of years ago.  The
owner wanted $3000.  I offered $1000 for the body only.  He thought I was
crazy for wanting to build a tube frame for it and install an Alfa drive
train.  In fact I thought about two four cylinders connected at the crank.
Then I could call it an 8C 4000 (if I used 2 liter engines)!  Pretty nutty,
what?
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 12/08/1999 9:48:13 PM Central Standard Time,