Re: alfa-digest V7 #1207

In a message dated 12/08/1999 3:06:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The best way however (at least in California) is to become a licensed
motor
 vehicle dealer (Caribou is one) as we are ONLY issued rear plates. And we
 need not even have to have that plate "affixed" to the vehicle, but just be
 carrying it with us while driving! >>

I'm wondering if this may solve the "mystery" of a fellow who moved in across
the street about a year ago and very soon got a new BMW, which to this day
has cardboard dealer slugs instead of plates.  I thought perhaps he works for
the dealer or distrib.  I haven't asked because with a car like that there
may be a less wholesome reason he has no plates, and you know what Robert
Frost said*.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA
87 Milano Gold FOR SALE