Here is how I imported a car

I recently brought in a 1969  Lancia Fulvia GTE from Belgium  into the
Port of Baltimore.  I too had reservations about whether a 1969 car
could come in without major hassles.  I had heard that perhaps DOT
would insist on a US style speedo, meaning reading in mph rather than
kph.  Also,  the after 1968 emissions regs may be a problem.  After
calling  EPA,  they claimed to have a 21 year exemption for emissions
purposes,  that I may have to petition to bring the car in and I did
receive a packet of materials from EPA,  perhaps three pounds worth of
documents.  I decided to go with SeaExpo,  and dealt directly with the
president,   Bill Murphy.  Bill is simply wonderful.  He told me not
to worry about the EPA or DOT aspects, that he could handle the entire
process.  He did.  They did a truck pickup in Belgium,  brought it to
Antwerp, shipped it to Baltimore and cleared it through Customs with
seemingly little hassle.  The car was not damaged at all in transport
and it had not been shipped in a container.  Costs could go up if the
car in question doesn't run or have brakes, obviously.  I paid a total
of 1200 dollars to SeaExpo,  Bill even set up American Express account
so I could pay them with the Card.  I also paid after everything had
been done.  Now,  the story of picking up the car at the docks is
another story in itself.  Bill's number is 888-733-9766.  Please do
mention  I sent you,  I may be using Bill again for a Lancia  Fulvia
Coupe 1.6 HF.

Ciao,  Jay