Odometer

Ref Paul's request for info on a stuck odometer on his Spider, mine just did
the same!  The speedo didn't work at all when I got the car, but that was
just the usual dirty electrical contacts in the fusebox, and it's been fine
ever since.  Well, at least until I pressed the trip reset button after
filling up with gas, coincidentally just as the odometer was about to turn
over to 44,300.  Now nada.  Looks like the strain of pushing all those
digits at once was just too much for it!

It's probably a stripped gear or something equally simply fixed by a speedo
rebuild house, but if there is an owner-capable - i.e. cheaper - fix I'm
sure we'd both like to know about it.  Now I have a clue as to why mine's
such a "low-mileage" Spider...

Jon Inge
86 Spider Veloce "Arturo"
Edmonds WA