(no subject)

In no.1194, Derek asked about a battery problem in his Spider:

"The battery has died twice after the car sat for about a week or two each =
time. The second time was with a brand new battery.  I couldn't find =
anything electrical left on. I took it to my shop where they ran a =
battery/charging system check.  The battery was fine."

Derek -- You may have something electrical left on and not realize it. I had
a similarly puzzling problem recently with my Spider (though my alternator
output is slightly higher than yours). Turns out that I must have bumped one
of the courtesy lights in the footwell to the on position. Couldn't see the
light in the daytime, which is when I tried to use it each time. (I didn't
even know I HAD lights in the footwell until I cleaned the door switch one
afternoon.) Doggone battery would be low every morning. Check around
carefully to be sure things are truly turned off.

A current check is a good idea, if you have a tool to do it. I have one,
which is how I discovered that something was on. Took me al long time to find
that "invisible" light. Since your new battery tests good at the dealer,
chances are good that the answer in is the car somewhere.

Good luck.

Bob Rice
Tampa
86 Spider