Children in Alfas

Confession:

I have only 1 wonderful daughter, now grown.

But back when I got the first Alfa, the 71 spider, she was a tiny tot.  How
tiny?  We just threw her and her same-age cousin who always seemed to be
living with us on the back parcel shelf, which to someone about 30" tall is a
fine little seat. They tucked their little feet onto the floor and off we
went.  No cushion. No seatbelts.  At least the back extended up past their
wee little heads so no headrest was missed.  If the black vinyl was scorching
from sitting top down in the sun, we just threw a towel over it to protect
their delicate little bottoms -- and woe unto the kid who would dare eat or
drink in that car!

I think today we would probably be subject to life imprisonment for that
behavior, but honest, officer, everyone thought it was great fun and no one
was hurt.

Name withheld for obvious reasons