Re: alfa-digest V7 #1195

In a message dated 12/02/1999 2:09:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Our Honda began to smell
 really bad last spring during the thaw when the previously unobserved
 miscellaneous food, bodily fluids and who-knows-what began to rot and grow
 mould.  >>

Once upon a time I had a 91 Honda Accord, an unbearable plain device, but
mine own.  Most everything worked boringly as advertised, if sometimes not
too well (minor things such as steering and brakes felt questionable form
new).  But the one thing even Honda admitted was a slight error in design had
to do with the A/C, which builds up a reservoir of condensed water in a place
from which it is too slow to evaporate.  This water is an ideal breeding
ground for rather smelly microscopic organisms, and the Accords with this
system are known to develop a certain unmistakable odor a day or so after the
A/C has been run.

Alfa content: I have now had 3 Alfas w/ A/C which, while never quite as
frigid as the Honda's have never left me wondering if I should drive to the
ER for some inhalation therapy.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA